Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
crafty timee
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 @ 1:22 AM | comment (0)

What Delilah Did's Secret Garden book is the prettiest thing ever!! Link. I borrowed it from the library and it's so neat and pretty and inspiring. Checked Book Depository and it's $27.43. Sigh. Won't be buying it any time soon HAHA but I'm so glad I picked it up. I want to do everything in the book and according to instruction which is so rare cuz I normally flick through craft books and say "that looks like something I can do" and then I improvise. The pictures, the anecdotes, everything about it is pretty much perfect. Now if only I had the materials!

Been spending the past few days on a crafting blitz. Just to get the urge out of my system before school starts. Putting down knitting for one semester was impossibly painful, and I've been trying to make things and practicing haha. I'm quite pleased with how the cat for C turned out even though I couldn't follow the instructions, but now my sister is demanding I make her a unicorn cat. No idea how I'm gonna do that, esp the rainbow hair HAHA but we'll see.

Also made a beret bonnet for D. I couldn't do the ribbing so I gave up and sewed it together but it's a but big so I strung yarn through to tighten. It's a bit funny. OK IT'S VERY FUNNY-LOOKING HAHA but it's pretty. I told her and she said "I'm gonna tell my friends that my friend made me a bonnet. Yeah, we're close. #victorianchic" I really want to make another beret though, as soon as I get my hands on chunky Hayfield wool. But I don't think she wants another heh. Still, I would totally wear it + it took me 2 nights of knitting, and I think that's pretty impressive. Ok, and many episodes of Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse. I think I finished all 8 seasons.

(Also, marled knits + fringe + romantic victoriana is apparently v. Spring 2016)

Started embroidering today. Wanted to do hydrangeas but french knots are the worst!! So I'm doing Chinese knots now and they're much easier on my hands HAHA doesn't help that I'm sewing straight onto a muji tote and sure the placement is a bit off, but it has potential to be simply dahling (:


List of things I really want to make and finish making:

A beanie knitted on circular needles
Mochimochiland toys!!!! ARE THE CUTEST!!!!! ***Clicking on the gif will lead you to a gallery of gleeful cuteness.


Another beret
Embroidered tote
Monogrammed felt coin purse
A unicorn cat
Cross-stitched bee
Cross-stitched thistle bookmark
A horse

This just got me thinking that I used to feel really good losing myself in a good book, or writing a letter, but as Ave said "I'm losing my words." It does feel like that. Like ever since majoring in Lit, I'm slowly and surely losing my words. Maybe it's an age thing HAHA, but I think I'm no good with pseudo poetry any more, and I'm just as, if not more contented learning how to make things with my hands. I absolutely enjoyed wrapping presents and drawing all over the brown paper wrapping with Daiso crayons. My hands were very agreeably covered in crayon (: I hope I still have time to do all of this when school starts!!





Older Posts & Newer Posts