Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
urpdederp
Wednesday, November 25, 2015 @ 5:13 PM | comment (0)

Recently, I've been listening to Soko whose music is so weird hahaahah but I like the weird talking singing and lyrics that don't make sense + the general lo-fi vibe. I love lo-fi maybe a bit too much.

ALSO BON IVER IS COMINGGG. I woke up to buy tickets once they went online at 9am but I forgot to sign into sistic and it took forever to log in, so i ended up getting seats i didn't really want and just ugh. The seats went so quickly its crazy ahahah. Still, BON IVER!! I'm super psyched. I don't even know why, it's not like I'm a super big fan of Justin Vernon, but I guess its just so nolstalgic y'know, listening to Bon Iver on the bus home, playing Skinny Love on my uke and the feeling of overall calmness and sadness that teenage me was feeling HAHA.

Also, I can't study. I try, but every time i look at my syntax readings, I want to give up and not look at it and I'm just dying from my inability to study, and the stress of not doing anything is getting to me HAHA. I am so messed up idk.

But in the mean time, I've finished Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Mass, and I'm disappointed. The Throne of Glass series is this really kicking YA one about a girl assassin who *spoilers* has magic and does cool kickassery things like train under the fae, defeat dark monsters that possess people and suck their souls out, stab bad guys with knives and there's blood and gore everywhereee. Yes, I'm a bit bloodthirsty, but the clincher for me is that she doesn't need a dude to pull punches for her, she does it herself.

At least until this book in the series where all the guys go moony over her and the narrative goes into minor porno romance category, and the few people who hate her get killed off. Like sheesh I don't know why authors need to write sap into kickassy stories. It's distracting and does nothing for the plot. Maj disappointment in Rowan (her fae trainer) who *spoilers* ends up falling for her. The previous book in the series was so good just cuz he didn't give in to her bullshit or let her roll around in self-pity, but made her even tougher and stronger. Ugh. Super explosive ending, and props to Mass's ability to tie up the ends, but it took forever to get there because of all the unnecessary romance, male-staring contests bullshit.

The witches with their iron teeth and fingernails and human-eating tendencies are pretty dope though. I'd like to see more of em.

Anyway, ahhhh syntax kills me. Halp.

Sidenote: my dad bought really good crisp grapes. HAHA i am very thankful for that.

 



Older Posts & Newer Posts