Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Wednesday, November 18, 2015 @ 5:01 PM | comment (0)

Huzzah! Down with one essay (more or less) another final essay to go and phonology on Saturday. I feel like I'm going to die, but then I don't feel like I'm going to die ahahah. I think that saying that bad things are going to happen with me is like a coping mechanism, so if the worst does happen I can say "I told you so!" Why am I being a smart aleck with myself??

Anyway, I did the short story option for 20th C lit. Arghh. I feel like it's not good enough. I never think anything I do is good enough HAHA but I sent the story (vaguely based on the modernists, but with a postmodern slant) to the friend whose life I based it on, and he was very nice about it haah. He said it was one of the best pieces of fiction he'd read this year and I was like (': aww.

It's about a boy who goes out with a girl until she eats up his beef and he realises that the love he'd harboured for her was just an illusion. Epiphany!! haahahah and true story bro, cuz that's what really happened to my friend.

But more than 2500 words long. Urp. So def over the word limit and I can't bear to cut words. Also now I have to evaluate my writing. Urp derp derp.

I am, a bit proud of it though (: Two days and a pretty good result. Writing is tough.

Next up I'm going to be comparing Spivak to Jean Rhy's Voyage in the Dark. Hate the way Spivak writes, it's so hard to decipher. Please never let me write like that.

Can't wait for Jerusalem!



Older Posts & Newer Posts