Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
What are you doing new year's eve? (zooey deschanel and joseph gordon levitt)
Saturday, December 31, 2011 @ 3:52 PM | comment (0)



Ho my goodness, this is so freakin' good, I mean I've known that Zooey Deschanel had an ahmazing voice but dueting with JGL just makes her seem that much better. And his cheeky little boy grin while strumming... *sigh*

And if you want to hear the original version in Ella Fitzgerald's slow, velvety voice, click here!
And The Carpenter's sweeter version that the zooey and JGL version is closer to, and that I prefer, click here!

I can't wait to play it on the uke! I can't believe the chords are already up on ukehunt, but yay all the same (:



Anyway, since it's officially been New Year's Eve for the past 16 hours and 30minutes, I figured I'd do me some reflectin' but I don't really feel like going all serious about it and I've never made New Year resolutions 'cause they take up too much time haha.

So the first part of this reflection process will be on my life, and the next part will be on Alex Day 'cause he looked so happy when he mimed toasted bread jumping out of the toaster. Yeahh, I appreciate happy mimes hahaha

THE REFLECTION PROCESS (Part One)

1. Entering JC has made my life better and worse.

Um, well in the first half of the year, I was pretty miserable 'cause people were so damn bitchy, all they talked about during recess was how they didn't like somebody, and why. And I was all woah *both hands up, police arresting style* count me out of this, it's barely been a few weeks and now you're judging her/him? Please, get a life. I wished that they would talk about themselves instead of other people 'cause surely, they were more interesting than the person they were dissing.

Happily, I got over it or maybe they stopped bitching so much, but life seemed to settle down after PW. Sure, my class had people who were strange in their own way, but hanging out with my PW group sure was fun, we didn't bitch, ok we hardly bitched, we talked about each others lives including a really intense session of truth or dare and shoot, shag, marry during one of the first few pw meetings outside school. It was fun and retarded. I loved it.

And I guess it was also because I learned to mind my own business. What I learnt was that people won't change if they don't want to, so it's not much use trying. Plus, you've got your own life to lead, so yeah just ignore the bitchiness, concentrate on the better side of them, and you're all set to lead a normal, happy life. So that's a good thing right?

A junior college, is preparation for the real world (I'm assuming), I've met the craziest, whackiest, scariest and loveliest people (yes all dem superlatives are required) ever. It's like a tiny microcosm where you meet people who are mostly larger-than-life, and totally unlike the awesome people you mostly hung out with in IJ. So yeah, I can't imagine anything worse in Singapore, except maybe jail and hospitals. I think I'm prepared for anything.

2. 2011 was a year of books and good music.

After downloading a reader app on my phone, it's safe to say that I've read more than 30 books this year (: I'm so pleased with myself and I've found new favourites that I've actually gone back to read more than once i.e. George MacDonald's The Princess and the Goblin, I loved how dark it was for a children's book but still so magical.

So I picked up the ukelele last year, and while I haven't been playing consistently, the website where I get my chords from puts up chords from some indie songs the owner likes, so I've been able to play Skinny Love, You and I, Five Years Time etc etc, songs that I actually enjoy. I wanted to be able to play all of Stars' songs, but I've only done Calendar Girl 'cause I get my chords from ultimate guitar and they're darn hard to play on the uke. But I am satisfied, with my progress and it's a great way to destress or to while my time away. So that's one thing I did right last year!

And I've managed to find some really good music on the internet :{> so yeah I'm real chuffed, my playlists on my phone are now grouped according to feeling, so I've got atmospheric, rock & rollin' and sleep among others. Sweeet.

And that's the end of part one of my reflection process, I could mention shooting and how my seniors from both IJ and CJ always seem to be so awesome, I've had good luck with seniors; or I could mention how much I enjoyed camp in port dickson, or how ell is disgustingly appealing to me, but eventually, 2011 has been a year of memories, good, sweet, laughing ones and bad ones that have scarred and inflicted trauma on me (I exaggerate).

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE EVERYONE!

THE REFLECTION PROCESS (Part Two)



Uhuh, so before the meeting to discuss next year's shooting, sheryl whipped out her com and started playing alex reading twilight. He was so freakin' funny that I went home and watched all 16 videos late into the wee hours of the morning. Never before has someone held my attention for such a long time. So I trust that my life has been enriched as a result of watching this surprisingly filthy, funny dude named Alex Day.

What I learnt from Alex Day:

1. Never go to an English Barber.

Duuude, he went to the hairdresser's and got his ear cut at the same time his hair was cut!
Pssh, who does that? I mean unless you were going to what's his name? Ah yes, Sweeney Todd, (KILLER) Barber of Fleet Street, to get your hair cut, you're not supposed to be injured.

Getting injured in the course of getting my hair cut has been what I feared most as a kid; didn't help that I used to tell the hairdresser to cut my hair all the way to my ears.

2. What the meme below suggests:



Oh-so-creepy hahaha

3. I need to learn how to whistle so I can catch myself whistling hahaha


http://graciebug.tumblr.com/post/3191800104/how-do-you-catch-yourself-whistling-oh-alex

4. Bella has a serious heart condition

She stops breathing once, and her heart literally stops, once.



NO WONDER SHE'S SO MOODY!

5. his epic face :3



"Now, this is a normal person glare. The only way I could imagine a bizarre glare would be this."

OK gotta go, New Year's Eve at my Grandpa's always gives me invigorating estrogen rushes hahaha



Older Posts & Newer Posts