![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Friday, December 30, 2011 @ 4:46 PM |
comment (0) So I was browsing through books in the ntuc fair (yes, I really really like ntuc, shop & save smells weird, and cold storage smells of roast and ham, good smell, but I prefer a smell-less supermarket; i.e. ntuc) now where was I? Oh yeah, so I was browsing through books in an ntuc fair in a mall near my home, trying to figure out who would appreciate kids' books when I came across this book called "Over the Purple Mountains (Dream Princess Series)" and oh boy, does it have the most classic pick up line ever! And in a children's book too! I was all woahhh, that prince was so smooth, quick I need to take a picture! and so I did. (Ok I took more than one, but that's cause the ending was spread across 2 pages) I can't remember the story word for word, but here's what I remembered along with some added details: ONCE upon a time, there lived a beautiful princess named Princess Ruby. (Cue picture of princess wearing purple) She lived in a gorgeous castle with her horse. (Cue picture of princess and horse in front of castle) In front of the castle, lay the Purple Mountains. The princess always wished that she knew what lay behind the purple mountains, but she never knew for she never travelled beyond the castle. One day, Princess Ruby said aloud to her horse, "How I wish I knew what lay beyond the Purple Mountains!" All of a sudden, her horse grew wings. "Climb aboard!" Said the horse to Princess Ruby. The Princess did as she was told. "Fly over the Purple Mountains!" Princess Ruby told her horse. The horse did as it was told. (I wish I could add in details about how the mountains were haunted and how she had to pass through the Forbidden Forest of Thorns before she could cross the mountain pass, but I can't 'cause the book didn't have it. That would have explained why she never crossed the mountains until now. But moving on...) So they flew over the Purple Mountains. To the princesses' surprise, she saw a beautiful castle. (And here's the rest of the book) ![]() ![]() And BAM! The prince hit her with a killer pick-up line like that. So taking his arm, she smiled and asked to see the rest of his castle. THE END! |