![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Saturday, December 3, 2011 @ 2:40 PM |
comment (0) Now that it's the school hols, school is really creepy since practically no one remains in school after cca as I did yesterday. The only other student I saw was in the library's com lab, and even so, he was kinda strange 'cause he was listening to music and singing out loud. And off-key. I stopped drafting my proposal long enough to stare at him before he looked up, met my eyes... and continued singing. Sheesh. Anyway, I'm pretty proud of my lit proposals, both the titles have hidden references to F.Scott Fitzgerald (The innocent and the damned VS. The beautiful and the damned, and Try a little tenderness VS. Tender is the night) even though they have absolutely nothing to do with Mr Fitzgerald. Plus, the issue of morality in Tennessee Williams plays makes me very excited since none of his characters are totally right or totally wrong, more like a pathetic mix of both coupled with little eccentricities. It's so... human yah know? And by God's grace, I managed to come up with something feasible and quite interesting to explore and which I wrote out a proposal for. I was pretty much stressing over it during shooting yesterday 'cause the draft proposals were due yesterday too, and I'd only managed to complete one on thursday night. And coupled with lack of sleep and a measly 361 score, (I've surprisingly been doing way better ever since I came to jc) I was panicking and threatening to go into omg-just-stab-me-now mode even though you probably wouldn't have been able to tell. So it was quite a relief when training ended at 2 instead of 2.30++ as predicted, because some brat from another school-who came to train at cj-got caught jumping on the weighing machine -.- Seriously who does that? And even though 2pm was still 1 hour over the official time we were supposed to end, I was still pleased that I had an excuse to runaway earlier to eat lunch and rush out the alternative proposal. Now I'm just hoping they'll get accepted and I can start working on it before the ideas begin to fizzle out and I'm left tongue-tied when trying to explain what I'm going after in the research essay. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 5 UNOFFICIAL REASONS AS TO WHY TENNESSEE WILLIAMS IS THE MAN WITH THE IDEAS I WANT TO EXPLORE: 1. I love him. And I love his work. In the finicky, take-a-gamble, quick-snatch-that-book-before-someone-else-steals-it-away world of any Library, I can safely say that Tennessee Williams is one of the few authors (and even fewer playwrights) I've been so interested in that I've actually gone and hunted down his books. Few authors have affected me so much that I actively search for whole serials or their other books. And if they do, they aren't really classic writers; so this makes Mr Williams so amazing 'cause he's considered serious reading too. 2. He's partied (say par-tayhed) with W.H. Auden and Jack Kerouac. Zomg how awesome is that? My literary heroes know each other! Plus, when so many great minds have been together in the same room, some sort of idea-diffusion is bound to take place. They've probably been influenced by each others' genius, in some way or another, whether they know it or not (: 3. He died after choking on a pill bottle cap. Ladies, and gentlemen, don't you tell me that doesn't deserve sympathy points! 4. He was the grandson of an Episcopalian bishop BUT he was also gay. I know right! What an intriguing man. And I guess it also explains why his characters are so unorthodox when it comes to religion, yet still strangely religious. Take for example, the defrocked priest in The Night of the Iguana. 5. Richard Burton. Marlon Brando and Paul Newman have all acted in movies based on his plays, as have Vivian Leigh and Geraldine Page. And while not as fantastic as Lawrence Olivier, were still pretty good especially Vivien Leigh and Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire. Which means that I get to watch the movies as part of research right? :D |