Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Sunday, November 27, 2011 @ 3:39 PM | comment (0)

Ok, forget everything I said about the Port Dickson Camp.
It was FREAKIN' AWESOME!

And looking back, I really did enjoy myself in camp and I've made friends with some kooky crazy people. Umm well I didn't take any pictures, but the camp was way beyond what I expected.

The first wow factor was the accomodation. We freaking had AIRCON and proper beds in the girls' dorms which kinda reminded me of a hotel especially seeing as to how we were staying in a resort. Plus, they provided clean white towels and soap (:
But the boys had it way better, they had like 4 to a room that had a mini fridge, tv sets and their own personal toilets. (I'm so not complaining) although their toilets were sorta "open-concept" haha. The girls' showers were pretty horrible in the way it was designed with a wild-wild west concept in mind so the shower areas were like horse stables and had half doors with no locks. So we were all "ehh when you bathe, no turning around ah!" And the showers that had full doors also had no locks and was freakin dark 'cause the full doors blocked out the light. I had to go change in the toilets which thankfully, had light, locks and full length doors 'cause I couldn't see my clothes in the dark -.-

The next wow thing was how we had buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner (except for on the 3rd day), and while the food wasn't fantastic, it was edible and pretty ok, at least way better than the styrofoam boxes of zi char they always give for camp (: And on the 3rd night we had barbequed food by the pool. It was sooo amazing I loved how they got everyone up to do line-dancing haha the eagle ranch resort staff sure can dance, darn flexible legs they have!

Zomg and on the 3rd day, we cooked our own lunch by the beach. Our group basically split up the load of food according to what each person was making, so we had a curry maggi mee group, guys cooking campbell soup, sardine sandwiches & scrambled eggs group, and agar agar (with barbara, kar rou and me) and we actually did make agar agar by the seaside which I thought was pretty awesome since I've never been able to make agar agar properly at home! So we boiled the water in the mess tin, and trying to decide if we should used the canned fruit syrup to make the agar, when kar rou whipped out packets of sugar she koped from the buffet table hahaha I thought that was freakin clever of her haha and then we made the jelly and cooled it down with ice water (:

Yeah that was a freakin' proud moment.

But apart from all that we also got really dirty. We trekked through an oil plantation and in random buckets of water we saw left around, there were masses of wrigglers living in the brown water. And I swear the mosquitoes trail you. My friend got bitten through her trackpants hahaha. And the forest was a horrible place to trek through too, the branches kept getting in my face and the ground was muddy and slippery from half decomposed leaves (that's where knowledge of tropical rainforests in geog comes in handy. haha) so I was bent low whenever I tried to walk.

Plus they made us learn what to do in the event of a bee attack (lie on the ground, lock your hands around your neck and cross your legs tight) and when we walked to this really wide area of mud, they made us do a bee drill so that our shirts and pants and faces were covered in mud. Ok face if you chose to really put your head in the mud. It was disgusting but pretty fun 'cause everyone did it with you. I really liked how spontaneous everyone was. Sorta like ok 1,2,3 everybody lie down! Yeah! And then our trainers went around splashing everyone with mud -.-

All in all, it was just about the most fun I've ever had in a camp group and we performed a dance for camp night and while it was pretty retarded cause I can't for the life of me follow dance steps so I just waved my hands and jumped about, I had fun.

Camp made me learn that sometimes, we've just gotta forget our inhibitions and go out and have fun, it's all about stepping outta our comfort zones and that's what leaders gotta do. Fulfil your responsibilities, but ultimately, have fun doing it.



Older Posts & Newer Posts