Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Monday, December 12, 2011 @ 11:27 PM | comment (0)

Today, I finished reading Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

I've always wanted to read it despite the inner tryin-to-be-a-smarty-pants girl shouting NO! It'll probably be as lame as the meg cabot all american girl series' I used to borrow from clare in primary school. But I actually really really liked the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants; a bit of heartbreak, small fears, funny quotes, courage and friendship makes a pretty darn good book.

I guess it's the angsty teen coming out in me now.
How strange, I've never been a rebellious kid and I still don't see the point in rebelling, but I draw the line at doing things I think are stupid.

Like how my parents woke me up at 9am and said they wanted to go to JB for lunch. Granted, lunch in JB isn't exactly stupid and I think they wanted to bring me out for a treat (boy, do I sound like a pet dog) but when you haven't spent a single and complete day at home (i.e. one day at home without stepping out of the house at least once) in like the past 3 weeks, the last thing you want to do when you finally have time to yourself, is to waste it on travelling to another country for lunch when you could just make your own lunch AT HOME. Comfortable, good ol' home.

Haha well I guess I'm a homebody, I like to go out, but I don't like to go out too often. And I've been that kinda person for a really long time, my family and I used to go out every sunday after mass, but 'cause we've all grown up, we don't spend time out anymore, usually I'm rushing home to complete my homework 'cause Friday drains me and Saturdays are meant for fun ("saturday nights in neon lights" that kind of thing) so when it comes to sunday, I buckle down and get to work despite it being the day of rest.

But even after saying all that, I still want to do a ton of things for the holidays, so I've compiled a list:

1. Go to the Musee d'Orsay art exhibition at the National Museum.
'cause it's a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity, I doubt I'll ever be able to go to France and look at gallery after gallery of artwork, so I'll be satisfied with the one at the National Museum. Plus, I find it to be one of the least creepy museums in Singapore other than the stamp one.

2.Check out the A&F guys.
Hahaha again, it's a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity! How often do you see a row of sometimes topless hot guys flanking the street? I want to know my reaction and other people's reactions too. I guess it was sorta like the same reason why I queued for H&M-'cause I imagined an unruly mass of people fighting to get into the store (like an American Black Friday). To my disgust, we queued up in an orderly manner and were given free umbrellas. *face-palm* Needless to say, I was terribly disappointed.

3. Do Christmas Shopping!
I love shopping for kids' presents!

It makes me feel like I'm buying really cool things for myself like a Horrible History Activity Book by Terry Deary that has 100 stickers, quizzes from the Horrible History Series and chock-full of awesome info about the ancient greeks, egyptians, aztecs, romans etc etc (that stupid adults don't think 17 year olds will enjoy).

And even though I eventually take a reality-check when the time comes to wrap up the presents, it makes me pleased to know that whoever's receiving the gift will probably enjoy it as much as I would have (had anyone bothered to get it for me) because the whole process of gift giving means matching presents to personalities. Like I have cool kid cousins who play risk and catch bugs but they are also awfully infatuated with the computer. So what you want to do is give them other forms of wholesome entertainment, like Nerf guns or books :{> Don't tell me I'm not like the awesomest cousin/ gift-giver ever.

I find it damn sad how people start to give clothes and money to kids as they grow older. I mean I appreciate that you're getting me stuff but clothes and money are so boring.
I'd rather you continue to get me books like kid books and not the stupid ones catering to teenagers (although traveling pants and robin mckinley are totally fine with me) nor the stupid ones for adults 'cause adult novels are like porn nowadays, they're pretty disturbing and the sex is unnecessary. Just saying. OR get me food, yeah food's good, makes the holidays that much sweeter and can be used for chinese new year haha. Although, I admit that I used to be really disappointed when I got just chocolates for christmas after seeing all the awesome presents for ages 4 and up. But I've grown and my expectations are much lower now, so yeahh gimme some food peeps! (:

And now I sound like a spoiled brat. pfft. All I'm saying is that our tastes don't really differ much from now as when we were younger. And when I say younger, I mean like when we were 7. There's a part of you as a child that always stays with you, so while we might have become more refined, or louder and trashier, that little kid in you that always wanted that cool bike or easy-bake oven will never grow out of that want. So why don't you just give me the stuff I loved as a kid and probably still love?



Older Posts & Newer Posts