![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Life goes on and on
Tuesday, August 24, 2021 @ 6:40 PM |
comment (0) I’ve been having the best time this summer and I am really happy ((: Last Saturday I went kayaking with my friend and then we took the luge for the first time at night with the neon lights. I was really scared going up cuz you have to take a ski lift to the top but she sang “I’m having the time of my life” and we watched the sunset and we were both a bit delirious and giggly that I wasn’t too afraid. But because we were both admiring the sunset colours over Sentosa, our picture showed both of us with our heads turned away from the camera and it was hilariousss I’ve kayaked 3 times this month and it’s been real fun. I like the feeling of bobbing on the waves in my little boat. I mean I don’t have stars or anything, and I haven’t practiced a single capsize drill, but I feel so safe somehow. I like water a lot. Ever since I learned how to swim I feel so respectful but also enamored by the water. So I think I may be going kayaking more often. I do want to do an expedition around the coast but it’s been raining an awful lot recently, so we’ll see how that goes! Oh yes, also I got seawater on my phone ),: so it died. I’m getting a new one (Android bb) but I still miss my old phone hahahaha I didn’t have closure is the problem. Another thing I went for, was pottery making with Sheryl. Always wanted to try my hand at pottery!!! The funny thing was that on the particular Sunday of our class was the first time in two years the relevant authorities decided to cut the trees so like the gates were locked and it was confusion hahahaha what were the odds right. Anyway, pottery is harder than I expected, my hands felt pretty dry and idk why I was kind of scared of squishing the clay, like afraid of overkneading it like dough. Anyway good thing I had help hahaha I’m really excited for how it will turn out. The potters who run the programme are going to glaze it for us and add trimming!! But the glaze was stuck in the Suez Canal incident (again, what a specific problem) so I’ll probably get my bowls in end-October. Bearing in mind that our class was in end-July. But anyway it was fun. After that we went to Park Bench Delhi, had pierogi and got the best cold-brew coffee from Strangers Reunion and it was a very nice day. I’ve had so many nice days this year 🙂🙂🙂 Oh yes!! Also stayed at Fullerton Hotel for a staycation. It felt pretty luxe - had a bubble bath for the first time but got a bit bored hahaha i like soaking in water, but I think only if I also get to swim! Went to the pool the 2 days we were there. It was rainy, drippy weather so my sister and I had the pool mostly to ourselves. Also ordered room service cuz they gave us free dining credit but omg a beef burger was $39!! I ordered it anyway hahaha while watching reruns of modern family, and it was pretty cool. Only problem was that the feather pillows were too soft. I kept waking up to fluff up the pillows. They were supposed to give us a pillow menu, but I figured since covid circumstances they didn’t offer us the menu, but I wish they had cuz their pillows were q not good hahahaha. I’m kind of spoilt at home tho hahaha my pillow has superior neck support Ok I’ve got more plans for hanging out but those were the highlights of this year! |