Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Young and full of running
Wednesday, April 3, 2019 @ 11:12 PM | comment (0)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JOHN MAYER WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND BREATHTAKING AND ALL THE HYPERBOLIC ADJECTIVES U CAN THINK OF!!!!!

HE DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!!!

I don't know HAHAHAH i don't have words to express how much i enjoyed the gig. It was freaking mindblowing. Like the blues, alt-country, rock kid in me just screamed for joy. He's definitely got a Muddy Waters vibe and a strong delta blues influence, and his MAD guitar + finger-picking skills just wow. And the way the band riffed off each other whewwwwwww. I don't know how someone so talented exists hhahaahaha.

So so psyched he played In Your Atmosphere, No Such Thing, Edge of Desire and Free Falling!! He played a ton of other things also incl. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room and Your Body is a Wonderland (But they're overplayed tbh, then again I would be mad if he didn't play it hahah). It was almost a solid 3 hour gig and omg we kinda just roared and cheered throughout. It was so freeing to be there idk them jamming and we groovin, it was so good.

He also played his cowboy song which I own I'd never heard of. It's called Badge & Gun, but now that I've heard it, the alt-country americana kinda girl is really happy he played it. Actually, I'm thankful for John Mayer's country phase HAHAH cuz omg I love alt-country so much but these bands don't have a big following in Singapore so they won't come, and like this concert is prob the only time I'll get to attend a blues/ alt-country concert.

And I totally get his country phase now. Ariel was like "I'm just opposed to country John Mayer as a person" HHAAH but now I'm thinking that country has to do with roots, with the conflicting desires of finding a place to settle down and peach pie and all that (Why Georgia why amirite HAHAH), but also the restless kinda pioneer little house on the prairie spirit that drives you onward to explore the wild frontiers, and I've concluded that that's me HAHA.

Kinda self-indulgent, I know, but I really see it in me ya know. There's that romantic part of me that loves rocking chairs and knitting and dreams of tall sweetgrass and a back porch in high summer and fireflies on a summer night, sipping rootbeer and chicken roasting in a cast-iron pan. And so much crochet and embroidery everywhere. But there's that other part of me that wants to die beholden to nothin and nobody (to borrow from To Kill a Mockingbird) and i wanna run away from all the softness and kinda be ascetic and rugged and tough and injured.

Anyway, this is like the most C R A Z Y amazing thing. John Mayer performing Gravity live in Singapore is a M O O D \\\\O//// I'm still in shock.



This is not Singapore but he also played Edge of Desire just that I couldn't find a good quality one and he's just so amazing



BRB DYING



Older Posts & Newer Posts