![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
there's a spider of shadow touching the bench
Thursday, March 31, 2016 @ 12:32 PM |
comment (0) "O what a physical effect it has on me To dive forever into the light blue sea Of your acquaintance! Ah, but dearest friends, Like forms, are finished, as life has ends! Still, It is beautiful, when October Is over, and February is over, To sit in the starch of my shirt, and to dream of your sweet Ways! As if the world were a taxi, you enter it, then Reply (to no one), “Let’s go five or six blocks.” Isn’t the blue stream that runs past you a translation from the Russian? Aren’t my eyes bigger than love? Isn’t this history, and aren’t we a couple of ruins? Is Carthage Pompeii? is the pillow the bed? is the sun What glues our heads together? O midnight! O midnight! Is love what we are, Or has happiness come to me in a private car That’s so very small I’m amazed to see it there?" —From "In Love with You" by Kenneth Koch
Blahhh. Finally finished this semester's round of presentations and stumbling over my words, shrinking into the darkened recesses of my soul and longing to be away from it all.
But anyway (: yaay it's over!
In other news, Mother Angelica of EWTN passed away on Easter Sunday 0: God bless her soul hahaha I remember going through a really rough patch and being unable to sleep, so I listened to one of her podcasts on the Eucharist and felt so comforted. Here's a list of some rad quotes by her!
And I might continue with general meatlessness?
Since Holy Saturday I've been eating meat meat meat, had a gorgeous beef steak on Easter and curry mutton on Monday, mutton briyani on Tuesday, cajun chicken and McWings on Wednesday, and roast chicken today, Thursday. But it feels strange to jump right back into eating meat, as if nothing has really changed, when everything has.
When I think about my pescetarianism for Lent, I think part of value of the exercise was in making more aware of the resources that I have—the money to afford seafood HAHA cuz cooked meat is like really so much cheaper in Singapore. And, the longing for meat also tied in to a longing for God in a strange way. Maybe part of the reason why singing the Gloria made me so happy was because by depriving myself of something that I take so for granted (i.e. meat), it made me aware of the other parts of my faith that I take for granted—the fact that every mass is a celebration, and the joy of Easter, and the constant call to come back and be friends with Jesus again, to be reconciled with him through confession.
I've been putting off going for confession because of all the usual self-doubts and fears, the challenge of admitting that I've done wrong in my life and hurt others and myself, and the pride that sticks in my throat and tells me to just keep running away from my problems. But oh man, I think that's precisely why I have to go today.
|