Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Saturday, March 26, 2016 @ 2:51 PM | comment (0)

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab is pretty darn awesome. There's lots of blood and knives and a kicking female protagonist and translocation (:

Easter round the cornerrrr. I'm excited because the season always makes me so hopeful! Passion, Death, Resurrection, hope, joy, the makings of a good story. The drama of Holy Week is pretty awesome. I don't think I really understood what humiliation was until Holy Thursday when my group had the shittiest presentation EVER. I couldn't wait to get out of the room like i could literally feel my body tensing up and my forehead FURROWING. Like my face tends to show my emotions too easily and it was pretty clear that I didn't want to be there and I dreaded every single minute of it. It was such an awful presentation. At the end, my groupmate said "Ok, I think we're all confused at this point, including me, why don't we just wrap it up." HAHAHAHA. He said it so well.

But anyway, mass made me so happy after an awful day. I wept at the Gloria. Hearing it for the first time in 40 days made me so indescribably joyful, it was like all the angels and saints and the holy souls were singing along and praising God. And you know, even in the midst of all the pain and despair of the world, when we remember that Holy Thursday was the night before Jesus's death, the night he was betrayed, and yet we are still celebrating. It was a really powerful reminder that there is still so much goodness in all the bad times.



Older Posts & Newer Posts