Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Blindsided
Tuesday, March 1, 2016 @ 2:03 PM | comment (0)



My goodness. Finally finally saw Bon Iver live last Friday!!!! And with that the things on my bucket list are gradually being ticked off and I am glad.

Today I was walking back home from the bus stop and the world was so beautiful I wanted to cry. The hot blue sky, the bright spring green leaves, the wind on my face, the chirruping of birds and light all around. All I could do was think to myself, "Lord, how do you make something so beautiful?"

Every morning I wake up and I'm so painfully aware of all the luxuries around me. The mattress that's too comfortable to get off, breeze from the fan, the hush of the morning, clean running water, so much food that I can't decide what to eat ... sometimes I feel guilty that I have so much y'know, and I don't know how to share it. And I love having all these luxuries that sometimes I just want to let go of all of them because I like them so much. I realised that I don't know how to fast. I don't know how to give things up, but anyway.

So I can't go to Italy because the refugee crisis has worsened and I think my parents are afraid of us getting swallowed up in a sea of people and xenophobia. Idk, am mildly disappointed, but I have to travel in the summer. I feel it in my bones like some kind of migratory bird even though it is summer season and not winter.

sidenote: I was so happy when he played Roslyn, Blindsided and Re: Stacks in a row!!! It was like a triple whammy of my favourite songs. Blindsided was so epic with the drums. I wished we were in a field or at least standing up and swaying. The Star Theatre is freaking awful, the sound system was off, or at least the equaliser, so from where I was sitting, it sounded bad until he played Roslyn and then things just fell into place. Also Skinny Love or his rendition of it was pretty dope. It's how I would have played it full of fury and in my own world. So glad it wasn't a singalong because that song is overplayed HAHA. Also major love for Wolves (Act I & II) towards the end where the audience got to repeat the refrain. It gave me shiverrrrs. So much love for Bon Iver!!! For a once in a life time experience, this was awesome.

Rapidly going through Deathcab songs now to prepare for Monday HAHA. Fingers crossed they play the old stuff esp from Transatlanticism cause I'm not feeling Kintsugi.

Was talking to Deb the other day and going through all the bands we love in case we have the opportunity to attend one of their concerts when we're overseas, and she was like "omg Nat, all our bands are disappearing the older we get." Because none of the bands we listened to way back are gonna be on tour this year. Feist, Arctic Monkeys, The xx... But then we giggled because Vashti Bunyan had a gig on in March. "Wouldn't it be funny if we went to hear a 70 year old woman sing instead of the younger bands?" "HAHA yeah, but that's like so us."



Older Posts & Newer Posts