![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
IIIIIIII AM HOOKED ON A FEELINGGG
Sunday, August 9, 2015 @ 12:51 AM |
comment (0) SO I JOINED PINTEREST. I GAVE IN TO MY CURIOUSITY AND NOW I CAN'T STOP. https://www.pinterest.com/skymelts/just-the-littlest-bit-quirky/ SEE MY VIRTUAL COLLECTION OF THINGS. In other news, summer is almost over T-T I am deeply deeply saddened because it means a return to real life and studying. Had a minor panic attack when I realised that I was going on to Year 3 but I have nothing in my resume except "just learned how to knit" and "plays the ukulele poorly." But I'll get through. Secretly I feel like I'm gonna die before I even get a chance to work HAHA, but I figured that I wouldn't mind working in all sorts of odd jobs for the experience if I'm forced to. I mean I'm having way too much fun not working, just dreaming and taking it slow, and using my hands to make things, and yeah, this summer hasn't been a complete waste of time!! Also, the mag for church is done. I'm not terribly proud of it. I mean I am proud of the interview bit because I conducted that, and the photos which we got from the archives but the writing of the other articles and my editing skillz are hmm. Although that might just be me being nitpicky. Justina did a gorgeous job with the design. So I guess that's a wrap! Am reconsidering being part of unravel shhhh. So far I haven't been too fired up about it. It's felt more like an obligation to friends than anything I'm super excited about, and I'm just waiting to fall in love with linguistics again. It is pretty cool to meet with people around the world though. And while I'm sorta shy, I really like knowing that people have an interest in something we've worked so hard on. It's quite a satisfying feeling. I found a whole box of sequins shaped like flowers, sea shells and leaves and I'm not sure what to do with them. Also I realised that I have far too many beads that I collect with the intention of doing something. I AM A HOARDER. I NEED TO STOP. Although, I'm planning to make this really pretty anthropologie-inspired diy necklace (that's based on the Into the Woods necklace), but first I'll need cool folksy ribbon, necklace cord, eye-pins and pearl beads + maybe more wooden beads. I def need necklace cord. And I still want to knit myself a bag. I finished the scarf for deb, but I still need to block it ugh. The weather's been so wet though, I'm so afraid that once I wet it, the wool-acrylic blend's gonna start stinking and it won't dry. But I managed to buy pins today! Also need to learn how to use the sewing machine and get over my fear of my fingers being stabbed by the machine needles. Then I'll be able to do so many things including making my own circle skirt which is still a dream. I could hand-sew it, but oh man, I helped my sister mend her hem with a blind stitch the other day and it took me forever, and that was just the hem, I just can't imagine sewing in zippers and the waistband by hand! How did the people before the industrial revolution do it!! The blind stitch is a new stitch I learnt and it's really great. It helps you sew things up so that you don't see the threads. I managed to sew up the back-ties of my pepe jeans dress that was coming loose from the main bodice and you can barely see the sewing, so I'm super pleased. Blogilates has been great so far. I took a 5 week break last last week, but then I've been doing it every night since, and I feel so much stronger and so much more positive about myself, that I've taken action to make my family stop getting on my case about not exercising, and that my chance of dying from obesity has been lessened. In my defense though, I used to walk a lot even though I didn't set aside time to exercise. That's probably more than I could say for most of my family, which makes me sad and mostly mad that they kept saying how lazy I was. I mean I have a certain amount of inertia to doing work (ha no surprises), but the one doing the chores around the house is me and rarely my siblings, so I'm not much lazier than them. The unfairness of it all hurts me sometimes. Anyway, so I signed up for this free online habit tracking thing called habitforge, and what it does is that you start a habit and commit to it for the 30 day period that's crucial to helping you form lifelong habits, and everyday they'll remind you and you have to check in with them. If you don't you might have other users message you an encouraging message telling you that you can do it. Haven't gotten a message yet because it's been 3 days since I signed up and I haven't been able to break the habit yet haah. AHHHH SCHOOL. WE'LL SEE HOW IT GOES. YEAR THREE MEANS NO MORE BUMMING AROUND! |