![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Thursday, June 11, 2015 @ 1:00 AM |
comment (0) I might decide to rewrite my Myanmar post because it doesn't do justice to me or to the country hahaha. It's such a beautiful place, I'm half in love with the strength and spirit of the people and their kindnesses and that you can grow all kinds of flowers there on account of the mountain climate of Shan state. Didn't love the flies that got on everything or the sadly mangled raw chicken meat people sold or the water that was extremely acidic and tough on my hair and skin (ha), but the food and people, I miss it a lot. And I miss the person I was on the trip.
Now that I'm back in Singapore, I'm less self-conscious than before going overseas partly because I had the chance to try out being me in a group of people I wasn't exactly close to, and I liked myself all the better for it. I was a child there and I know it, but it was great to be frivolous and to laugh again and again. But on my first day home faced with my family and the quarrels around me, I wanted to cry. I realised that my existence had been extremely peaceful over there, no personal remarks, or if they were personal, they were said in jest, and I could live with myself.
I liked myself, and for someone who's spent the past 2 years trying to get a grip on my identity, learning to loosen up, learning to stick to a moral compass, disliking to an extreme the new, fearful, flawed person I'd come to recognise I'd become, liking myself was such a relief. And to be in a group of people who liked you back, that was even better haha.
But I find myself beginning to lapse back into old ways of laziness and forgetfulness, willing my days to pass in a haze, being afraid of the things ahead of me. When did I ever get so scared?? I was always cautious, but I doubt I was ever so fearful of people and new situations. Is this some evolutionary instinct?? But I can't see what it would help to be fearful. I'm so tired and fed up of being scared.
Sometimes you just have to barge in and pray for the best.
|