![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
book thieving
Thursday, December 5, 2013 @ 12:23 AM |
comment (0) Sometimes you read a book and it changes your perspectives on life forever. So I just finished reading The Book Thief, and I'm in love with it all over again. That was the book that got me obsessed with looking at the sky and taking note of the colours at one point in time. It made me happy to see the colours, so beautiful i could have eaten them. It made me aware of this huge gaping hole within me that could never be filled except by Beauty, by the different sky colours, a humongous desire to hug the colours to myself. I loved the distraction the sky gave me. Someone once told me "Look up when you're feeling down" and it's stuck with me ever since. I looked at the sky whenever I told myself I wanted to give up. Chin up and focus on the blue or white or milk or salmon. I haven't been looking at the sky lately. I've been too focused on miserable earthly things like exams and seeing the future as a long dirt road, past the point of no return. So reading The Book Thief was a good experience. It made me realise the terrible beauty of the world all over again. The way people haunt you. The devastating effect of words but also its quality of redenption. How sometimes you think you're truly sick of people and how they break your heart and you want to become a hermit just to escape it all. But then someone comes along and it feels like the world is still lopsided but its slowly being put to rights. I forget that feeling so often, the feeling of not being afraid because I live my life wishing to he brave so badly. And its nice to have it back. |