![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
42
Saturday, October 12, 2013 @ 9:51 PM |
comment (0) Okay sorry for the last angsty post, that was a bad week. But I've definitely cheered up a lot, last wednesday was totally rockin', best day I've had in ages, and at the end of it all I was just wow, that was a good day! It started with a tutorial that I turned up 30 min earlier for, so I was really prepared and not upset by having to wait for 3 trains to pass by before I could get on. And then there was a lecture on vice in SEA which was pretty cool? Except that I wished the slides had more pictures. Turned up 15 min early for my next tutorial since lecture ended early, and then we went on to exchange beads during that tutorial to demonstrate how small communities lack large financial institutions to manage risk and how exchange systems in cultures like the Ju'/hoansi are used to prolong and maintain relations you can tap on in times of need. I'm still struck by the sheer ingenuity of the exercise 'cause I learnt so much from trading beads and I'm unlikely to forget it. (: and then I had a lunch after that during which I basically chattered my head off. I thank God for friends, old and new, especially the old because they make me feel so much more secure and understood in an imbalanced world (: but I'm also glad for new friends. In other news, I am rethinking taking linguistics hahaha just spent the past few hours trying to figure out why the heck we have so many grammatical aspects and the difference between inchoation and inception. blearghh. I'm really happy about having that one great day where everything just fell into place for me and I definitely can't wait for Tuesday (no school yay) Also, just jumped on the Harry Potter bandwagon. I admit that Rowling can write, but I still have so many questions re the first book that were left unresolved. Also just started on The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan. I'm really into YA books now haha books for older people just aren't fun enough, all they do is moan about their tired lives (been there done that don't remind me), only problem is that I sorta missed the sophistication of the writing. Also my lit prof was once classmates with Douglas Adams, and I have looked at him with admiration ever since. I freaking love The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy because it's so funny and truthful. And so I leave you with a quote, “For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.” Life. |