Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Everything I want to record about the day I fell down.
Saturday, July 30, 2011 @ 9:11 AM | comment (0)

I fell down at the grandstand today. Just tripped climbing up the steps and fell. Somehow I found iit terribly funny 'cause there I was thinking to myself, oh gosh, PE's gonna start real soon, I should probably hurry and before I know it, I'm tripping and falling.

And the best part was that after tripping, my leg just felt bruised, and after answering those who asked "omg are you ok?" with a nonchalent 'yep, thanks', I just picked myself up and walked up to my friend before I looked down at my leg that had started to bleed.

It's strange to see your own blood flowing out from you, and I don't mean to be disgusting, but looking at the thick red blood coming out from my shin and a chunk of skin kinda curled, I felt kinda detached. So I just stared at it and went oh gosh.

I praise the Lord for my friend who took one look at my leg and went "QUICK ELEVATE IT! ELEVATE IT!" And then she grabbed my leg and propped it up on her lap. And all the while I was thinking to myself oh Lord and laughing at my friend 'cause her face was so shocked. It never occured to me that the cut would be so deep 'cause it didn't really hurt.

And then the people gathered round me and glanced at my leg and went OMG or eww or oww which was actually pretty funny cause I was thinking both omg and eww but not oww. So I sat there and grinned until the teacher came 'cause the situation was so ridiculous and maybe even fail 'cause who cuts themselves on a grandstand, and walking upward at that?

And so she brought me to outside the pe office and told me to sit there and smile (which I'm pretty good at and I told her so) before coming out with antiseptic and cold water. But it didn't even hurt that bad so I guess I was alright, just that the wound looked really really gross. And then she bandaged it pretty nicely for me and told me to go see a doctor cause she thought I might need stitches or they might just glue the cut back together. Which I thought was very interesting 'cause I've never heard of glue-ing wounds before.

Anyway, then my pe teacher came and we walked back. He told me that I'd left some skin behind and I couldnt tell if he was joking or not so I just went ewww a few times. And then he asked me how come I was in shooting if I could be so clumsy. I told him I don't need to move in shooting so he shut up.
Then vi very kindly climbed 5 storeys to pack my bag and bring it down for me even though her arms were hurting from two injections :3 and she accompanied me to the general office and supported me up and down stairs 'cause the wound was starting to hurt in a weird throbbing way.

They asked me to go home and so I was planning to take a taxi by going to the bus stop. But just as I walked to the porch, another teacher arrived in a taxi which was funny 'cause of the coincidence and I just laughed and laughed before getting in. Then in the taxi, it started to hurt and so I sat there looking grumpy and quiet.

I hobbled to Jolin's (the doctor) and then it hurt even more so I asked the receptionist ladies if I could stick my legs up on the chair ('cause my friends said it was very important to keep it elevated) and they were so shocked, they stood up to get a closer look at me, then they saw my bandaged leg and laughed and laughed before telling me that Jolin was gonna be done real soon. And just as they said that, the patient before me came out so they told me I could go in. Which was also very funny 'cause again it was such a coincidence. And it put me in a very good mood 'cause the day just kept getting weirder and weirder.

So I went in to see the doctor and she unbandaged my leg. Then she saw the wound and told me I might need stitches and I was so scared because I hate injections and I was afraid it would hurt very badly. Plus, the idea of a needle going into my wound didn't appeal to me at all. And then she changed her mind 'cause I'd lost the skin and she wouldn't have been able to sew it back nicely. So I guess my pe teacher wasn't kidding when he told me I'd left some skin at the grandstand huh. But that's really gross if you think about it; so don't.

So she taught me how to clean the wound and it hurt cause she was dabbing the cotton wool on my wound pretty hard -.-

Then my mum rushed in and Jolin started to explain to her what she was doing which again was funny 'cause it seemed like one of those ER shows and also 'cause my mum identified herself as The Mother. Which was accepted by the doctor and myself because come to think about it, Mother is considered a title. And then the doctor was done with me but my mum was coughing so she treated my mum after me and I just laughed at how convenient and ridiculous everything was, so I limped out laughing.

I don't know what to make of the wound 'cause it made my day so funny and I was pretty touched to know that people did care about me, even if I didn't know them so well and well, maybe school isn't so horrible after all. Maybe accidents or disasters can be positive 'cause they do bring out the inherent good in human nature and there is a beauty to the help that people offer to those really in need, even if they aren't so well-off themselves.

I was on facebook just now, and I saw this message

And I laughed at it 'cause of the last part that says "For He never lets us fall and suffer for nothing." 'cause I'd fallen down yesterday and getting the reassurance that God truly cared and loved me made me feel so very happy.

The thing is, I could have gotten injured more badly, the step could have cut me to the bone, or it could have injured my muscle which would mean no more shooting or running about, therefore I praise the Lord for still taking care of me and for the kindness He has shown me through the fact that I wasn't hurt so badly, and also through people and how they showed they cared (:



Older Posts & Newer Posts