![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Friday, December 3, 2010 @ 1:57 PM |
comment (0) Today I figured that I haven't been here for a really long time. The last time I came back to visit my blog was after prelims I think; and since then, so many things have happened: Os, Prom night, the visits to the various museums, watching Tangled... To summarise these main events, I guess all I have to say is that well, I don't know what to say about Os and I'll just leave it at that. I mean what will be will be; c'est la vie right? Prom night was fun I suppose but the food wasn't all that great and I was in a terrible rush that morning and afternoon what with trying to finish the gift and settling my clothes. The museums were pretty awesome, they have wonderful staff at the national museum who directed us to the various exhibitions and told us to hurry before the exhibitions closed (rather enthusiastically), and helped us to take pictures, also pointing out the various places in which to get great pictures. Xin Yi called them angels and I do agree. (: Tangled was classic Disney all over again- the way it makes you deliriously happy and the gorgeous visuals like that scene in Beauty and the Beast where Lumiere sings Be Our Guest and the spoons start dancing and the chandeliers... Things don't seem much different from the normal holidays actually. I mean I'm still going to go to school next year, I'm still kind of busy in preparing for my holiday, packing clothes and all. I'm still reading as always. I guess the only difference would be finally not having any holiday homework to do. Which feels great and deserves an extra big open-mouth smiley :D Oh yes, one other difference would have to be Laurence Olivier's entrance into my life :3 it started with Rebecca, the 1940 film version by Alfred Hitchcock, and based on the book Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, where Sir Olivier was fantastic Maxim de Winter, everything I'd ever imagined after reading the book. He was an amazing actor :3 and so so good-looking! Then it was on to Wuthering Heights (based on the book by Emily Bronte) where he was Heathcliff; (sorry I can't help the smileys, he's a gorgeous, gorgeous, wonderful actor. Ok so he didn't look that hot in Richard the Third, but Richard the Third was evidently not meant by Shakespeare to be hot: "I that am curtailed of this fair proportion, Cheated of feature by dissembling nature, Deformed, unfinished, sent before my time Into this breathing world scarce half made up, And that so lamely and unfashionable That dogs bark at me as I halt by them" This is the scene where he woos Lady Anne: this is in Wuthering Heights (the exciting part starts mainly at 1:59): And this is when he does beautifully in being raging-mad and crazy like the king Richard the Third was: |