![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 @ 3:36 PM |
comment (0) it's weird how the exams are over and all but I still feel kinda tired in the way I know that the information is gonna keep coming in and going out and it sucks that it doesn't wanna stick in my head. anyway, the mid years are over and Thank God for that! I wanted to go to Island Creamery today but there wasn't anybody to go with me so I walked to the ntuc with the phoon huat with Amanda and crossed so many roads. it's strange how things have changed and i never really realised, like in toa payoh, how there's a popeye's instead of the double storey mcdonald's and the disappearance of the chou dou fu stall which was there last week but gone today or maybe it was yesterday. Not that I like chou dou fu or have even tried it but there was this horrible spit smell when the stall was set up but it's all vanished along with the pasar malam. And i guess i'm thankful for that 'cause sheesh did it stink but it's going away made me somewhat nolstalgic I guess. Like the going away of happier times and whatnot. Pasar malams have always struck me as something like a circus/ carnival, here today, maybe for a week and gone the next. And along the way, new tenants are picked up, others leave but it's the same old story of smells and kids with cotton candy that are really prettily coloured and parents buying durian or some household item they don't really need like lids for cups. ok, so maybe lids are useful but only to a certain extent and et cetera. I miss going for pasar malams. I've just realised how much and how many things i miss but there're so many things that I've started to revisit and so many new things I've come to love that they almost make up for the things I'm losin'. Still, I'd be glad if I didn't forget all the stuff I like. |