![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Hello 2023
Friday, July 7, 2023 @ 12:20 PM |
comment (0) Hello! Realised I haven't been blogging / journaling. I have the day off today and I figured I had time. Life's been busy and very sweet. I have friends! It's not like I didn't before hahaha but recently I think I have been more appreciative, wackier, ditzier and whimsical-ier and it has been fun. This year we watched a Handlebards production of Romeo and Juliet and I just about died laughing. The troupe only has 3 people playing all the parts using props from bicycles. It was the best!!! So imaginative and goofy and full of physical comedy even though it's supposed to be a tragedy hahaha. I really want to watch it again!!!!!!! I've also attended a bunch of concerts this year (all paid by meeee): 1) Charlie Lim & Friends (His voice was gr8!! And so were his friends. There was the principal cellist of SSO who did a duet on the cello with Charlie ahh) 2) Phoebe Bridgers (The excitement leading up to thissss ahhh tbh I prefer Lucy Dacus hahaha but she's like the next best thing! The band was tight but her fans were soooo weird though. They were screaming and crying. Liek HELLO THIS ONE NOT K-POP CONCERT. And Phoebe Bridgers herself seemed like very out of it, like she just performed it straight, no deviation, no cool improvs. So it was mildly disappointing. Like IT WAS AT THE ESPLANADE so the sound should have been amazing - like Fleet Foxes and Deathcab for Cutie building walls of sound so all in all it was an okay-ish show. Not mindblowing and super short haha. She really only played for 90 min. 3) Damien Rice He was funnier and more self-deprecating than I expected with some interesting artistic choices haha. He played MY FAVOURITE FADED FANTASY but it turned into some alt-rock noise at the end. Which was kind of cool cuz the song is so slow and sweet. I really miss Lisa Hannigan sometimes hahaha. It felt so nostalgic. Also he sang Eskimo!!!!! Such a good version!!! Even sang the Icelandic bits all by himself in his strong but delicate voice (: It was only him and another singer on stage (who sounded like Lisa Hannigan!!) and together they carried the show. I really hate Star Vista as a venue because the seats are so spread out from the stage, but the sound system really got better. And it was so obvious when people kept going up and down to go toilet and get drinks. He was like "Wow, people here really have small bladders." HAHA. Also no videos were allowed which was a bit of a bummer, but no one cared towards the end. I think it made the crowd more subdued cuz we weren't sure what was allowed etc etc. But all in all, I'm glad I got to watch Damien Rice. He's a really good folk/soft-pop artist. 4) Coming up, I bought a ticket to watch Daniel Caesar!! Which is again at the Star Theatre (UGH). I'll be going alone but I'm really excited. I love his voice. It's so smooth. And quite sure he's gonna have some kind of improv jazz/blues/rnb thing!! Don't even know if I'll ever get taylor swift tix it's been an emotional experience LOL. I don't even know any more. Ticketmaster sucks. |