![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Wednesday, May 27, 2020 @ 10:11 PM |
comment (0) Hello so I haven't been writing in a while on this here old blog. I figure it's because I've been devoting so much time and attention to keeping my moodboard account running. I'm really too old for this, but it's kinda fun to post like character analysis of the books i read and imagine the kinds of outfits they might wear. Except so far i have the reading habits of someone born in the 1930s, so basically i've been posting a lot of white people literature. Like Pride and Prejudice - but i love the book so much!!!! I love how Lizzie gets married on her own terms and Darcy learns to rectify his ideas about white male privilege and basically it's a happy story because it's a story about inequality and how the people who have been brought up in these structures of inequality work to overcome that (: <3 p=""> Anyway I read another book today. It's called Turn of the Hourglass (Soleil and the March of Death, #1) by Sarah L. Nelson. I don't really know what to make of it??? It reminded me a lot of Nine Princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny (which i really really enjoyed) because of the whole time travel thing, and the writing and plot is 3.5 stars - it definitely kept me guessing and the ending wasn't entirely satisfactory - but yeah i'm really interested to see more reviews on Goodreads! It's a fantasy book with elements of time travel and settings I could never really put my finger on, and an un/reliable narrator. Heh. I'm hoping to make more moodboards but based off sci-fi books. The problem is not everyone has read the same stuff i have, but i hope people get it anyway ((: Life has been really wonderful in lockdown mode. I mean i work from the dining table, but i like that i don't have to meet people face to face hahahahahaha communicating over the phone and email is fun. Zoom works i guess, but my colleagues and i much prefer to talk cuz its so much easier to call someone then to set up a meeting. But spiritually its kinda downhill for me. I'm so unmotivated to pray or read about God. And idk livestreaming the blessed sacrament doesn't really do it for me? Or maybe it will idk. I should give it a shot. But pray for me friends or whoever you are (though highly doubt anyone reads this which is why i like this outlet). Pray for me if you will. Thank you.3> |