Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
It will do us all good
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 @ 9:11 PM | comment (0)

I made another thing!! Brazilian Cheese bread (Pão de Queijo), to be precise, and it was pretty good. I was dreaming of it and got so stressed when my dad and I went to Phoon Huat and the bag said "Tapioca Starch" instead of "Tapioca Flour" (as called for by the recipe). In the end we just bought the starch and baked. The buns had this thin, crackly crust on the outside, and were chewy on the inside cuz of the tapioca and cheese (mozzarella and cheddar) so it was pretty great.

My brother literally took a hammer, washed it, and hit a bun to see what would happened. It bounced back. So that's how chewy. We ate like a lot of it - like 6 of us polished 30 buns off in 1 day. Only problem was that by the next night, the remaining 2 buns were like rubber. Suuper tough. So I wouldn't recommend making them to keep. They are really best eaten on the same day they're made.

Anyway, even as I type this, I'm so conscious of how lucky I am. To have food, to still have a paying job, and the luxury of going to work. I've been working from home the past 2 days, and it hasn't been fun because I'll be doing something and then have to stop halfway because the documents I need are in the office. Sigh. At least I'll be back in the office tomorrow!

The COVID-19 situation has become something really terrifying. I didn't think too much of it initially, and y'know I was even grateful that my life was so much less complicated and so much less packed. But I look at the death tolls around the world, especially in Italy, and the number of people succumbing to it \\O// gosh. The closure of stores and entertainment venues and just generally industry, is going to hit the economy very very hard.

So yes, I feel quite helpless. Been trying to pretend that everything's normal but it's not. I should probably pray again. IDK it's been really hard. I feel so lukewarm and reluctant. And I really miss being able to pop by church and go for adoration. And also swimming.

Anyway, the Pope said something really beautiful the other day - I saw it on his IG (HAHA) - and I would like to put it here:

The early Christians, the theologians of the early centuries, called the Christian community, namely, the Church: the "mystery of the moon". Because it gave light, but was not its own light. It was the light it received from Christ. We too must be "mystery of the moon": giving the light received from the sun, which is Christ, the Lord. And don't forget: today, take the Gospel and, quietly, slowly, read John Chapter 9. I will too. It will do us all good.



Older Posts & Newer Posts