Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Fine China,
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 @ 8:56 PM | comment (0)


I love love love the syncing of the movie Marie Antoinette to Lana Del Rey's song Fine China. It's just perfect! All the ennui, the boredom of a gilded life, the yearning for something more despite all of the fine china, fresh linen, and how easily broken these trappings of life can be.

Ahhhhh. Honestly, Lana Del Rey is easily the best songwriter for the modern age.

I mean I couldn't stand her earlier stuff cuz of her sugar baby vibes (creepy af) but there's so much like emotional honesty in her NFR album and her voice just has space to breathe and be delicate and it's really really beautiful. Hands down the album of the year!!

Fine China is one of her unreleased songs, so I dunno how it came to be on youtube, but it's so full of wistfulness and loneliness and heartache. Ughh so good!!



Older Posts & Newer Posts