![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Saturday, September 28, 2019 @ 12:32 AM |
comment (0) Strawberry sheet cake!!! Baking in the oven now!!! And the whole house kind of smells of baked goods and strawberry jam and it's a very specific kind of cosy. I realised today that I like baking so much, or at least, eating the results of the baking, because I get such a sense of well-being when I'm eating cake fresh from the oven. It's hot and fluffy and sits in the tummy just right, and it feels good to measure soft flour and pour sugar and milk and unwrap a golden brick of butter. Perhaps the word is provident? As in I am well-provided for. And I guess sometimes when I'm feeling insecure, I look for something comforting and warm and gesturally expansive - baking tells me I am well-looked after. |