![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Ginger notes
Monday, December 10, 2018 @ 12:03 AM |
comment (0) I made a thing!!! Ginger muffins to be exact, but they're more like ginger cupcakes and so beautifully moist, sticky and tender. They've got this lovely, malty taste to them -- probably from the molasses and baking soda combination and 4 tsps of ginger powder. Very good thing that my mother drinks so much ginger tea / ginger-spiced liquids, so I didn't need to buy anything but molasses. Also cut down from 1 cup of raw sugar to somewhere around slightly less than 3/4 cup because molasses is technically cane sugar, and I used the entire 350g tub. But still a bit too sweet for me. Will cut down to 1/2 cup next time! Anyway, recipe here: http://www.600acres.com/blog/2018/11/30/ginger-muffins Makes 25 cupcakes. I'll also probably make this into a cake next time because the batter was soo wet, and I had a hard time spooning into the muffin cases. But wow they're good. |