![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Juliet dancing
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 @ 1:00 AM |
comment (0) Every once in a while, I think of Juliet dancing, in the ballet, in Romeo + Juliet, the one by the Stuttgart Ballet. And she is so graceful and so delicate and light on her feet, you want to sigh. I love the way her white dress floats as she tosses her entire body up in the air and flutters falling towards Romeo. Dreamily, you think, it's like she's spun of cloud. I don't know why I think of Juliet dancing so often. The spring in her step at the beginning of the ballet when Nurse gives her a silk dress the colour of blushing roses, ribbons trailing in her hair... and later the way she throws herself into dancing head over heels with Romeo, nothing held back. I like all that about Juliet. Juliet doesn't have a lot to work with. She's stuck in an arranged marriage that hasn't yet happened. Her family hates the family of the guy she loves. Her cousin dies in said family feud. She's in love with his killer and etc and etc. But somehow she is so free in her leaps and bounds, plies and pirouettes. Because Romeo will always catch her. I like the way she trusts him so unreservedly. I like that she soars. Sometimes, I think that I would like to be Juliet dancing. |