![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Sunday, October 8, 2017 @ 12:43 AM |
comment (0) hahah trying to rewrite the story of how Bukit Merah got its name. Inspired by Leigh Bardugo's kicking books of fairytales The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic. It's hella fresh. Not succeeding in dreamy writing, maybe because I'm too focused on extra narrative and description and right now i'm not even sure how Bukit Merah is going to end up. Am I gonna twist it or no. Defo gonna add in more dialogue though. Anyway, this article on Tom Petty is so goood. Still, what I cannot shake about Petty today, and what I haven’t ever been able to shake, is how he was able to populate the worlds inside of his songs. When I was unfamiliar with Los Angeles, Tom Petty sang “Century City,” and even in its lyrical vagueness, I wanted to be in Century City with the modern men and modern girls. I wanted to revel in Petty’s brand of Americana, which stressed forgetting worries over all else. The gospel of carefree living, where geography was fluid — a set of images or a feeling instead of a strict, distinct landscape. Tom Petty knew what all great writers know: If you can tap into the right emotions, you can make everywhere feel like anywhere. And you can make a stranger feel like everyone’s best friend. And it was published on Buzzfeed! Most people call out buzzfeed for their needlessly sensational, image-saturated media, but sometimes they throw out serious gems. Also, the Laneway 2018 lineup is pretty amazing. Idk about shelling out $125, but wowza, Sylvan Esso, Father John Misty, Aldous Harding, Macdemarco and Slowdive. Big big big. |