Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
On saving the world, mature spirituality and tenderness:
Saturday, April 23, 2016 @ 11:14 AM | comment (0)

"We get so stumped by “I’m going to save the world” or “I’m going to build an orphanage.” All those things are good; I don’t mean to disparage activity. But we get tripped up, and this is why people burn out and there’s compassion fatigue or whatever the hell you want to call it. But I learned a long time ago that no amount of me wanting that guy to have a life is the same as that guy wanting to have a life. So in the meantime, what do you do? You wait and you love and you cherish and you know that all mature spirituality is about tenderness. That’s the mark of mature spirituality, because tenderness is the connective tissue. It’s the only thing that joins us together."


https://www.faithandleadership.com/gregory-boyle-save-world-or-savor-it?utm_content=bufferc4572&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer


Love love love love

https://www.faithandleadership.com/gregory-boyle-homeboy-industries-belonging-place-where-ex-gang-members-lives-are-transformed




Older Posts & Newer Posts