![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Wednesday, September 2, 2015 @ 7:15 PM |
comment (0) Haven't been here in a while I guess hahah school's really heating up and i've got a ton of readings to finish!! Not that I'm in the mood for doing any kind of deep reading. Also been feeling extremely weary, like i have to drag my bones with me everywhere, and again the return of the feeling that I really really need solitude. I think I'm really comfortable with silence, I love the stillness of the moment and the need to not have to be anything or to respond to what people say or think. I had lunch today with friends but they were all doing their readings and interspersing their reading with random remarks. I mean it was nice to sit with people, but i was staring off into space looking at the sunlight on the leaves, listening to the whirr of the fan and feeling the coolness of the breeze, and it just felt so peaceful. I'd like to go for a silent retreat actually. I tell myself I won't be able to take the silence, probably, but I'm doing this at home already ahahah. Being silent with myself. Except that I have the internet to keep my mind engaged! In other news: —joined cg —went for a super good nox gaudi —finished my necklace! —i don't actually know what I'm doing with my time hahaah —omg yeah, went to the Singapore Pinacothèque De Paris + had a really good lunch at FFT in the National museum. But the collection was pretty disappointing. I mean the Picasso was really quirky and fun, and I really enjoyed looking at it, and ahmg they had a painting by Modigliani and he paints his people with such warmth and concreteness. I really like his work. But they had a few other contemporary art pieces and put next to things like a gold death mask, artifacts etc etc to show how the lines of art are blurred and (should not be? or) are difficult to periodicize. I don't know, but the stuff like totem poles next to the sculpture Princess X just didn't work for me. I didn't get it. Maybe when I'm older. In the end my favourite thing was Hydrograph No. 1. A hydrograph measures the level of water moisture in the room and you can see the pen moving and the graph being drawn before your eyes HAHA. it wasn't a part of the exhibit, being a tool that the museum uses, but it was maybe the only thing that did what it intended to do and wasn't in the least pretentious.
So preetz
(okay this isn't the hydrograph at the Pinacothèque, but the one there looked like this + it was labelled haahah)
|