Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 @ 12:05 AM | comment (0)

"The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then — to learn.

Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn."

—T.H. White, The Once and Future King


Bought some groovy wool on Friday!! And got a Spotlight membership and discount while I was at AND stood next to a Squatting Sheryl because it was that time of the month.

T.H. White was right though, I think learning takes away some of the sadness, doing things to distract you and jumping into life, that's the cure for feeling sad. I mean alone time is good, but it feels even better when you can learn and use that knowledge and make things (: Knitting is taking up a lot of time HAHA I got through 10 episodes of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D trying to do some kind of dropped stitch pattern, but progress has been slow. I blame my lack of concentration, but I'm almost pleased at how the scarf's turning out.

Also desperately grateful for good friends and having dinner and reconnecting and being able to gush about Myanmar and interviewing Fr. Paul. I didn't know that I'd had so much to say until I sat down with people who really listened, so that was super duper! (Thanks Avee too if you ever see this.) I had a lot of fun the past week, and yeah like I said, I've been blessed with lovely friends.

And Sentosa was pretty fun too re the whole FOC thing. Gotta work on my liking strangers skillz, but it's always nice to go to the beach. And the weather was just right, not too hot and kinda cool cause the wind blew the rain clouds away.

I has hope.



Older Posts & Newer Posts