Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
darn it
Monday, June 29, 2015 @ 1:21 AM | comment (0)

Ugh I feel like I'll never ever be able to knit a scarf HAHA for one thing, it takes fureva to knit one up. I was maybe 1/5 of the way done when I decided to turn my groovy scarf into a groovy pouch instead. Half of it was because my sister kept saying that I would freeze to death in Bethlehem if my scarf had holes, and it did cuz I was trying out dropped stitch patterns like the ones below:


And I did a combination of the two


So now I'm planning to line it, sew up the sides, add a button and hey presto, turn it into a pouch:


AND attach a strap to it. I learnt this nifty new knitting method to knit a cord and it's super simple which is great. It's called an i-cord and I kid you not, the 'i' stands for 'idiot' cause the person who came up with it thought that it was super easy. Which it is, so I'm not complaining. 

I'm trying to make it into one of those cross-body pouches so I've been knitting and knitting the cord, and I think I've repeated the pattern at least 100 times to get it to the length you see. Once it's the diameter of the table I'll be done with knitting the strap. (Also I stood on a chair to take the picture so the table looks tiny but it's not kay)


And here's a close up!


It's great and stretchy and colourful, luv it. My brother says that they're Rastafarian colours i.e. yellow and green and red, but in my defense, there's blue in it, so not so rasta anymore, is it, brother?

Have also joined Ravelry and omg the 1000s of patterns and ideas are great, I surf the website like I'm shopping and start planning projects in my head. Although, I hafta finish the pouch first so that I can say that I knitted something useful ahah.

Day 0 for FOC starts today, I should be packing and sleeping, come to think about it, but yeah whatevs, lotsa time later on in the day to do all that. I am nervous and excited, and just ugh, praise the Lord, we'll see how it goes.




SIDENOTE:
Also the whole 50 states marriage thing is such a bummer. I mean I love you as a friend, and respect you as a person, but I don't agree with your life choices because I don't think it'll make you truly happy in the long run, and I worry for all those children in the future who'll grow up without fathers and / or mothers. Stable nuclear family units are so so important for a child's growth and emotional health. I see it with the children I teach and the pain they feel because they don't have a father.

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/04/14899/ (Interesting for the new perspective)

But what am I saying, civil marriages are not the sacrament of Holy Matrimony. Love BadCatholic's posts on the state and marriages: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2015/05/state-youre-just-the-worst.html

"Within its proper limits, the State does no more than regulate “the civil effects of marriage” (Canon 1016). Which leads to the not-so-shocking conclusion that, to the Catholic, there is no such thing as a “civil marriage” at all — there is only the State regulation of the effects of a sacramental or natural marriage on society. At best then, the State can be a help or a hindrance to natural and sacramental marriages. Currently, it is a hindrance.

Marriage, according to the Church, is an institution directed to several ends. Unity and indissolubility (without which a marriage cannot be said to exist), conjugal fidelity and the generation, nourishment and education of offspring (which are the natural ends of marriage), the signification of Christ’s love for his Church and a remedy against sin, and the mutual help of the spouses. If we briefly compose a tally, we will find that the State is inadequate in regards to every good the Church claims makes marriage marriage. 

Against the good of indissolubility, civil marriage proposes divorce, remarriage, and pre-nuptial agreements. Against the good of conjugal faithfulness, civil marriage legalizes and decriminalizes adultery. Against the good of offspring and their education, civil marriage permits contraception, sterilization, abortion — and the public school system. And as far as concerns the strictly sacramental effects of marriage, the State ranges from indifferent, as they should be, to ominous, as when we see the religious criminalized for keeping their marriage-related activities strictly within the bounds of nature and the sacrament."

And http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2015/05/aint-nothing-catholic-about-heterosexual-civil-marriage.html

And http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2015/05/aint-nothing-indissoluble-about-natural-marriage.html





Older Posts & Newer Posts