Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Chinese New Year
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 @ 6:44 PM | comment (0)

So CNY!

It was fun while it lasted I guess, the 4 days of visiting and making polite conversation, using love letters as straws to drink fizzy drinks, cleaning up the house, clean cool marble tiles and overeating as usual. I think of my grandma and grandpa and po sok often, and I miss them in the tiny things, like shaking their hands and hearing them say, "come Natalie, come and sit down and eat," in the smell of freshly sunned laundry and just the overall feeling of the afternoon. My mum was saying how as she walked past my grandpa's room, she wanted to say "Hi Pa! Happy New Year!" but caught herself.

EDIT: also I wore my hair in pigtails / two braids for CNY. I'm half in love with them because it feels like my hair is all tied back and out of the way. Only problem is that I'm really bad at doing it for myself, and my sister did like a really rough job of it. Then again I'm happy that my hair is long enough to do them braids haha I've never been able to do it so I'm glad I haven't had time to cut my hair after all. I look like a little girl in them though. I was aiming for more grown-up Wednesday Adaams but I look too young or something. Still, I just might wear braids to school one day.

Anywaay, yay recess week. I actually have too many readings to catch up on ha. I've been out everyday since last wednesday visiting which makes me kinda mad cause hey I don't actually have enough time for things. Why is every thing moving so fast??

+I played cards against humanity yesterday and won. I'm not sure if to be proud or not HAHA but it wasn't all dirty. We were more like, "the funniest answer wins." And sometimes the most appropriate ones too (:

Also I tried my hand at writing a Villanelle! (see previous post) but it's not very good haa I don't know how to put my feelings into words and omg struggling so hard with the metre and finding rhymes for "real" and "feel" which are half-rhymes and not proper rhymes anyway. Also, it's a really restricted form! And Dylan Thomas and Elizabeth Bishop (see One Art) have both written incredible villanelles about loss. I should probably be like more original. Maybe I'll write about food next time or something.



From Wikipedia on the Villanelle:





Older Posts & Newer Posts