Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Hopey new year 2015
Thursday, January 1, 2015 @ 3:56 PM | comment (0)

So here's to hoping that 2015 will be a great year of peace, and infinitely better than 2014! I love the idea of being able to turn over a new leaf with the rest of the world deciding that they're gonna rescrub themselves at the same time before the mouldiness of life and other bloodrusty events turn up.

My 2015 meals have been fantastic so far: French garlic sausages, wholemeal bread and a gooey bullseye egg in the wee hours of 2015, all hot and piping and delicious, and then chicken curry and fresh French loaves for lunch yumm. I love my parents and the way they cook is all I can say. And finally having a family meal with everyone present is really nice. It's a great feeling to have your family by you. I think I'm beginning to appreciate them a lot more.

This is to recap 2014's good things in no order:

1. The Darwin and Evolution module in Year 1 Sem 2.
2. Myanmar (and the Canossa home)
3. Taiwan
4. The Romanticism module
5. Deb back in Singapore and realising that I can't lie very well
6. Talking to Sheryl in New Zealand and her terrifying seagulls
7. Rina back in Singapore and laughing too much and sitting on bizarre pink-haired unicorns and moving too fast on a creaking wooden swing in the middle of Orchard Central and her shouting "WHAT WOULD WALTER MITTY DO" and the security guards glaring at us as we giggle.
8. Onegin (super awesome ballet)
9. Hostess Club Weekender Festival (with The National and King Krule and Aesgeir :3 and Mogwai and Buke and Gase)
10. Meeting up with Court and chilling and getting honest opinions and going for the Globe's Midsummer's Night Dream play and Onegin and Frankenstein and Coriolanus
11. Unravel
12. Movies: Boyhood, Big Hero 6, and The Grand Budapest Hotel. (On a side note, can't wait for Birdman, Macbeth and The Theory of Everything.)
13. Thailand (?) mixed feelings about this place, but I'm glad I got to go to Chattuchak market
14. Family
15. All the books I've read in 2014, the new poets and new writers I've been introduced to
16. Quiz-up and winning.
17. Funny friends and Ave
18. Realising that I wasn't as lost as I thought
19. Realising that praying the rosary is so comforting. And God.
20. Realising that I've a lot to be thankful for (:

New year's resolution(s):
1. Start exercising
2. Keep a gratitude journal + pray
3. Learn how to knit / crochet properly
4. Be kind and brave and true



Older Posts & Newer Posts