Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
TWENTIETH BURFDAY
Saturday, December 27, 2014 @ 7:07 PM | comment (0)

“I want to do something absolutely different, or perhaps nothing at all: just stay where I am, in my home, and absorb each hour, each day, and be alone; and read and think; and walk about the garden in the night; and wait, wait...”
― Rosamond Lehmann, Invitation to the Waltz

20 today! And I still feel the same, except maybe a little more optimistic about life in general. The past 6 years of growing into my adolescence hasn't been all that easy, but it's been relatively gentle so I'm thankful for that. Growing up hasn't come as a shock to me because I've been armed with so many YA novels HAHA. I feel like I'm living in a fragile bubble though, safe and cocooned, living in limbo until one day the bubble gradually dissipates. I looked at the Facebook profiles of some of the people who are my age, but who I haven't seen in ages, and I thought to myself "woahhh they're so grown up" and I looked at my own and it seemed to me to look like the profile of a 17 year old. My catechism kids still think I'm 16 so there's that.

Anyway, lovin' the rainy weather now. It's been perfect for staying at home. My mum is convinced that I'm becoming reclusive because I don't go out half as much as my sisters, preferring instead to stay at home and read book after book after book. I've done more than 10 books this month, YA fantasy novels that don't require too much thought but just keep me turning the pages. I absolutely love the world-building. Been reading a lot of Juliet Marillier lately, because she writes really prettily, plus the tales follow the fairytale quest convention closely enough that it's familiar, but the plot ideas are new insofar as magic, mages and Ireland go hand in hand. I really love Celtic/ Irish stories, there's this sort of crystalline beauty to them. But a quick google search found me nothing much, I read the Penguin book of Early Irish Myths and Sagas once though, and the translations were really pretty, but it was hard to get through.

ANYWAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. Here's to life.



Older Posts & Newer Posts