Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Happy
Monday, May 5, 2014 @ 2:11 PM | comment (0)

Yay, I don't usually do this (post between exams), but yay ^^ Today's such a lovely day!

Woke up this morning with a start because I had a dream in which someone sang "are you sanitary? are you sanitary?" and had a good laugh over it because I literally had to wake up and bathe so I could leave home for my Darwin exam.

Wore a circle skirt with an accurate rough-drawn map of Paris on it. It's adorable.

Bought a Breadtalk Ham and Egg breakfast- beautifully toasted sandwich with a bull's eye egg, slice of ham and pickled cucumbers. Probably the best thing breadtalk sells.

Caught the bus and walked into utown, then mpsh, felt really good about myself. Trees lining the road are blooming with yellow flowers despite the heat. Brisk morning walks are my thing. They're invigorating.

Momentary lack of enthusiasm and sudden fall in spirits when looking around mpsh and realising that there're no seats to be had, everyone's studying, boo no friends in sight, sweaty from walking and heat, have to do a last minute run through of notes-just in case.

Found a wall to prop up my spine, saw Ave, talked to her, gave fortifying hug and wished her "Good Job" instead of "Good Luck" hahahaha my brain.

Aircon in the hall. YESSSS.

Got to wear my sweater. YESSSS.

Darwin and Evolution test. YESSSS.

Went through test with very many doubts, but thinking that I'd be fine, as long as the bell curve behaves in my favour.

Left exam hall an hour early.

Walked to utown to get back my essays, wandered around cinnamon college looking for the admin office. Almost bumps into Lit prof and feels awkward because I have to collect my essays from him but Lit hasn't been the most fun mod for me this sem, also awkward because don't know how my essays will turn out. Walks away calling Sheryl on pretext of asking her if she was in utown and to have lunch with me (now you know), so as to avoid prof. Sheryl does not pick up. Prof is heading in the same direction I'm heading. Arghh. Realises that I'm actually heading towards the cinnamon college office-SO THAT'S WHERE IT IS- summons guts and asks him if I can collect essays. Follows behind him as he opens door, stands awkwardly at office door debating if I should walk in or what and what manners tell me I should do, has brief interior monologue on the nature of politeness and social decorum. He finally says "come in". I say "thank you" with relief.

Sits on chair waiting for essays. Apparently, he just came into the office, so hasn't set up workspace yet. Warnings that I'm imposing on him flashes in my head, Politeness Alarms whirr into action. I wait for him to give me my essays. The wait is excruciating.

He flips through essays, and looks at my grades before handing them to me, said he thought the analysis I did of the Dennis Brutus poem was well done. GASPPPP *be calm my heart*, and says same thing of my essay on Chesterton. I say Thank you, grinning all the while.

Makes polite conversation. Sits there feeling awkward and not knowing if I just want to run off or talk about lit or talk about whether or not I should continue with lit as my major, or if I should just ask him for advice. Decides to tell him about dilemma, tells him I loved syntax lessons, but will always like lit. For the first time, actually acknowledges lit prof as real person. Idea is staggering. I have issues with authority figures. Thinks he's really good at his job as usp director, can imagine him fielding interview candidates. Gets advice that I might consider a double major, gets called a "good student" *oh stop it, you pffft* gets further advice that I should take the more hardcore mods for el and lit to make my decision. Very good advice that, I didn't see taking 'harder' mods as an avenue to make decision on major.

Grins awkwardly as he puts an end to the conversation. There is something wrong with me, I don't know how to deal politely with situations, how to grasp control and put an end to it. Am I too concerned about how people look at me? Argh. Cannot compute human emotion.

Anyway, more or less skips out office feeling happier than ever, catches a bus with many seats, including one for me. Continues reading book 2 of the Farseer trilogy on the train.

Conclusion: it is a good day.


Oh yes, because picking a major is a major worry #punpunpun
10 mistakes to avoid when choosing a major: http://www.bw.edu/resources/advise/Ten_Biggest_Mistakes.pdf





Older Posts & Newer Posts