Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Nineteen
Friday, December 27, 2013 @ 10:19 PM | comment (0)

Whee turned 19 and it feels good :D Goodbye awkward 17 and 18!

Pierced my ears today for the fun of it, and to mark a turning point in life haha it's not as badass or spontaneous as it sounds. The ladies were very nice, they swabbed my ear with antiseptic and some numbing thing and counted to 3 before they pierced my ears at the same time which was very fun cause I felt like a kid haha my sis and mum were so worried for me. I think they were expecting me to howl in pain and fall to the floor in tears or runaway, which is why I deliberately told them I was going to pierce my ears a month in advance so that I wouldn't chicken out of this decision. The ear-piercing ladies even gave me a bottle of antiseptic! The germaphobe in me is very pleased at how clean the whole process was, and I checked the antiseptic ingredients and they were practically the same stuff I used to clean my wound that time I fell on the grandstand (: good to know they take the risk of infection so seriously haha. And there was a little girl beside me who'd pierced her ears too, when I was done she just beamed up at me with this gorgeous smile. I don't know why she smiled at me, but like she was missing two front teeth and looked so cute, so I beamed back at her like we were co-conspirators or something haha that was actually pretty awesome. I keep having random little kids smile at me, but it's always really surprising in a good way even if it always weirds me out in the beginning :B

We went to Saveur for lunch, and the purvis street outlet is way better than the far east plaza one. Their mash was so creamy and delightful even if the duck was salty but hey my meal was fully sponsored by my dad so who's complaining (: I love my family, they're really sweet and I've celebrated my birthday 3 days in a row starting with Christmas on my mum's side, and my grandma made dinner yesterday and then there was lunch today. I'm not really sure if I'm used to this much attention yet haha but it makes you feel like royalty when your birthday celebrations extend for 3 days!

2013's been a really good year to me- lotsa firsts, from watching my first ever Stars concert to my a level results to working in church to entering uni for the first time ever, I've come to know more bout myself including the parts I don't like so much and it's been great. Still though, I can't wait for the year to end \0/ it's been crazy and tiring and dragging by and I'll be glad when it's 2014.

THE PRESENT

"It burst apart
              Like a fat man's vest"

This is just something my brother randomly said when my grandpa's christmas wrapper came off the present. I thought it was so poetic hahaha sometimes he comes up with such gems.

also omg this is literally the 319th post I've made. That is crazy coincidental :O



Older Posts & Newer Posts