![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Sunday, October 23, 2011 @ 1:42 PM |
comment (0) 1. Feist, The Drums and Anna Calvi are coming to Singapore for the Laneway Festival next year! I'm so excited! :D BUT I know I won't be able to go 'cause tickets are $135.90 and I'm trying to save up for REACH Castle in March. My dad hasn't even really agreed to let me go, although he did say NOT to say NO yet. And if I do go for the Laneway Festival, it's not like I'll be appreciating all the music, all I wanna watch, is Feist and The Drums and Anna Calvi and while it's probably cheaper than watching separate shows, that $135.90 ticket is gonna take up 2/5 of the money I'll be needing in Cambridge. And I'm not too keen on the other bands performing either. Gah. 2. I blog way too much. My brother asked me the other day "What's so fun about blogging" And I didn't know how to answer him. I mean blogging isn't exactly the most fun, but it does help me hone my typing skills (HA) and serves as an outlet to relay information on the things I'm most excited/ concerned/ upset about. I could use a diary, but I'm lazy to keep a special book just to serve one purpose. I had a diary when I was a kid but I got tired of remembering to write in it and note down the date. I don't even know where it is anymore. So I guess that blogging is just a convenient way for me to remember special things and weblinks. I was on the bus once and I heard this little girl describing her dream diary to her mother and begging for one. It would have to be a diary with a lock, and a key she could wear around her neck on a long chain. And she would write in it everyday and bring it to school where she would unlock it and show it to her most special friends. I think she described that desire better than I ever could have as a kid. When I was little, I told my mum that I wanted a diary with a lock but she asked me why on earth I would want one. I tried to explain the thrill behind writing the secretest secretest thoughts in a scented book no one but myself would be able to read, and the romantic idea of owning a tiny key, smaller than my thumb that I could wear next to my heart. But it's hard for a kid to explain all this to an adult, so I gave up on the idea. Anyway, looking back, that was a really sweet wish but impractical. I'd probably have given up on writing in the book. What I'd really like to do now, is to experience an English spring by the countryside, staring at clear blue skies and wildflowers, listening to the various intonations and dialects of English, staying in a castle that dates back to the Romans and loving life. |