![]() Natalie Books, Skies, Colours, STARS And Time will have his fancy To-morrow or to-day icon : violetbirdy |
Webify Me
Friday, September 9, 2011 @ 7:36 PM |
comment (0) Hmm so when I got onto Mozilla Firefox, I was greeted by this https://webifyme.org/en-US/ which essentially gets you to take a 20 question online quiz and then tries to determine your personality from the results, upon which mozilla will look through their standard set of images and find those that match your personality type. It is, in effect, a really cool personality quiz. Mine looked like this: ![]() What I found funny was this: ![]() And this: ![]() and how they called me a +10 geek and a child :D I'm actually pretty happy 'bout that 'cause it means that I haven't lost my "child-like curiosity" as I was bemoaning in an earlier post but the geek thing is weird 'cause I don't see myself as sufficiently well-versed in any subject to be considered a geek i.e. 1. I don't play RPGs and especially not Portal (+I used to be really grossed out by the Jonathan Coulton's song even though it got funnier much later in my life), 2. I can't do cool stuff like HTML coding, 3. my sparse Lord of the Rings Knowledge comes from the books, not the movies (I liked the lyrical almost middle-english-y way Tolkien wrote rather than his storyline), 4. I watched Doctor Who insofar as we still had BBC Entertainment (not for very long) but after reading GeekDad's recap of an episode of Doctor Who, I just might go back to watching it (: or I might just forget about it 'cause its gotten really complicated. 5. The only bit of Star Wars I've ever watched was on my 8 year old cousin's pirated version where the subtitles exchanged every "jedi" for "cheddar" HAHAHA. Actually my geekiness presumably extends to my obsession with books and Stars (if that can be considered geeky) and my new-found affection for The Princess Bride which is actually pretty inexplicable. My affection being the thing that's inexplicable. Anyway I just did something remarkably silly haha my auntie called from overseas and asked me for marianne's number but I didn't have it so I was all "oh are you on facebook now? 'cause I could ask my dad for it and give it to you on facebook--oh wait that's a really bad idea" Auntie: nughhhh/ errrrrrrr. Why don't I just call your mum Yep it was a really bad idea 'cause I realised it would compromise marianne's privacy. ah well. I guess it was because I was reading GeekDad which is a website for parents into sci-fi/ fantasy/ and are techies (as the name suggests) and who want to get their kids raised up on the whole geek diet. As cult-like as it sounds, it's actually really interesting especially when it shares stuff like the A-Google-a-day puzzle. I'd borrowed a book today called GeekDad: Awesomely Geeky Projects and Activities for Dads and Kids to Share and because my dad is cool like that i.e. teaches physics, fixes computers and installs linux for the heck of it, I figured we'd have lotsa fun. Especially seeing how there are projects like building your own Wi-fi signal booster,a binary calendar and building models of buildings out of rice cereal, fondant and cake. Actually I could do the binary calendar thing by myself and the Wi-fi at home is already fast (100Mbps baby!) after my dad did something- as he normally does haha, but the cake model would be really fun to do with anybody. Only thing is that we need space. hmmm Anyway the holidays are coming to an end sdhahalhfffhwruqw Promos are in 3 weeks time and I've no idea what I'm doing here. But as this exchange in The Princess Bride goes: Buttercup: You mock my pain. Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. And ain't that the truth. |