Natalie

Books, Skies, Colours, STARS



And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day





layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
Kate, uncracked-nut
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 @ 2:44 PM | comment (0)

As i sit here suffering
the indignities borne by a woman
who cursed by the very notion of reality,
never did live,
I find myself asking
this relativepronoun
would it not be better
if i were her?

To ply my needle as I please myself,
embroidering scenes of pastoral green
on endless yards of milky silk;
and perhaps the friezed black figure
of a solitary wolf,
chain-stitched:
frozen mid-howl
against fields of milk-white sky
and insipid green;
it's plaintive cry for company
trapped for
all eternity.

To burrow as I please myself,
into books of indefinite quantities;
and i will teach myself to read
into
the pregnant silence stored in each;
and i will speak of each to no one
but myself.
no tutors to verse me in
The Art of Love
nor of
Metamorphoses
for I will be of mine own doing
and the changes wrought in me
shall not be of men.
and so no one to tell me what to think or should think or ought to think
and therefore judgment of
the intellect,
removed.

This sacred temple: untainted by fear.

And if a rich man should chance by
and lose his head to this pretty face
whose mouth he thinks hath no need for words
merely soft, sweet pleasure,
so be it.
For
I shall laugh and scorn him.
I shall laugh and scorn his friends.
No words of his shall ever take root
in the sanctuary
of my mind.

I shall love thee in doses
as prescribed,
by the ages-worth
of old wive's tales;
But as long as you stick me in this cage,
the inner recesses of my mind
shall ne'er set
my emotions
free.



Older Posts & Newer Posts